Sky Quest is a family favorite, telling the story of one woman's quest for astronomy exploration and her childhood dreams of the stars.
The educational focus of Sky Quest is to introduce easily observable objects in the night sky with emphasis on finding them and knowing their characteristics. It also stresses the idea that anyone with an interest can participate in astronomy observations and take astronomy up as a hobby and a career choice. These concepts are woven throughout the program and help relate the information presented in the show to the lives of students, families, and the general public
Narrated by Roxann Dawson - B'Elanna Torres of TV's Star Trek: Voyager
Produced by Loch Ness Productions.
- Objects in the sky: Earth, Mars, Mars satellites, stars
- Positions and motions of objects in the sky: Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, the stars and constellations
- Light pollution as a human effect on the environment
- Astronomy as a career
- Using binoculars, telescopes, and spacecraft instruments to study the sky
- The Apollo missions to the Moon
- The Voyager missions to the outer planets
- The Hubble Space Telescope's astronomical observations